Autor Thema: Stephen Morris veröffentlicht seine Memoiren  (Gelesen 4811 mal)

Offline ceremony

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 110 mal
Stephen Morris veröffentlicht seine Memoiren
« am: 01. September 2016, 20:27:07 »
Little, Brown imprint Constable is to publish the memoir of New Order drummer Stephen Morris.

Andreas Campomar, publishing director at Constable, acquired world rights to Morris’ memoir from Becky Thomas at Johnson & Alcock on behalf of Prime Management.

Morris has had a "distinguished career", spanning nearly 40 years, as a pivotal member of bands Joy Division and New Order with his trademark machine-like drumming. After the death of Joy Division’s singer, Ian Curtis, in 1980, Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook, Morris and his wife Gillian formed New Order, "one of the most critically acclaimed and influential bands of the late twentieth century". New Order became the flagship band for Tony Wilson’s Factory Records and, alongside him, opened the infamous Hacienda nightclub, the centre of the acid house movement. In 2015, after a 10-year hiatus, New Order released Music Complete; which charted at number two in its first week of release - the band’s highest position in over 20 years.

Morris said: "After dropping pretty big hints over the past few years that I was writing about my recollections of nearly four decades living a fantastic and, at times traumatic, life creating music in Joy Division and New Order, I am delighted that Little, Brown has given my writing a home. I am really excited to be working with Andreas Campomar, whose enthusiasm for developing something more than a straight rock memoir is inspiring."

Campomar added: "Stephen’s book won’t be that typical music autobiography, which tends to be high on mischief and low on the music. Part memoir, part visual scrapbook, part aural history, it will be a hybrid memoir in Stephen’s wry and witty voice. Stephen will weave a dual narrative of growing up in the North West during the 1970s with how the music actually works. It will also explore what it is to be part of a mythologised band and the idea of what you do becoming who you are."

Constable will publish the title in 2018.

Quelle:
http://www.thebookseller.com/news/constable-publish-new-order-drummers-memoir-387986

Folgende Mitglieder bedankten sich: confusion

Offline ceremony

• WFTSC
  • Dankeschön: 110 mal
Re: Stephen Morris veröffentlicht seine Memoiren
« Antwort #1 am: 01. September 2016, 20:27:31 »
War ja nur eine Frage der Zeit  ;D

Folgende Mitglieder bedankten sich: confusion